Test your internet speed
Click the "Begin Test" button to test the download and upload speeds of your internet connection.
Note: Your speed test will open in a new window.
Improving Internet performance
- For wired connections, connect to your modem or home network with an Ethernet connection rather than USB.
- For wireless connections, use an 802.11g wireless router, which generally offers faster speeds and better range. For even faster speeds, an 802.11n wireless router is recommended.
- Upgrade your computer's RAM and/or processor speed.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Keep some hard drive space free.
- Maintain your computer by running system utilities every so often (such as Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter)
- Try using a different Web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- If you have many add-ons in your Web browser, try disabling some of them.